Spicy Squid

To experiment is sort of the name of the game in my kitchen...I just think of what might taste good then i make it. See if it's good then tweak it to make it better and better. This time it was for the squid. I tried using some Fermented Korean Chili Paste I bought on the border of the north and south Korea some time back. It's salty, sweet and spicy all at once. So this is what went on the marinade...First some vinegar, salt, pepper, and lastly the Korean paste. I let the squid rings soak up the juices for about a day in my fridge. The next day, I let my boyfriend try it. He said it was too spicy...back to adjusting it then.

The following day he said the taste was good but the sauce had too much liquid so my next attempt will be to thicken the sauce after frying the squid. This will have to wait though cause I have been eating squid for a couple of days now so time for something else.

On the side note....a quick "eggy" breakfast turned out great! All I used were two eggs and a few pickled jalopenos. It was all chopped and mixed into the pan...it did a very good job of waking me up in the morning; pleasantly so I might add. I might add some cheese next time but believe me...the peppers were salty enough. The cheese would just make the dish too rich. Maybe if it were the only dish for breakfast and not a side to some sausages and brown rice. Which, by the way, was how I had my eggs this morning.

0 comments:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.